Besides a shot of espresso, only a few drinks can pick me up like a Dunkin Cocoa Mocha. It’s the combination of caffeine and comforting cocoa that just do the job so well.
Sounds tempting? Read on for my copycat recipe!
- What Is The Cocoa Mocha?
- Cocoa Mocha Flavor Profile & Calories
- How to Make Dunkin Cocoa Mocha Latte
What Is The Dunkin Cocoa Mocha?
A little more indulging than the classic mocha, the Cocoa Mocha is a latte that the chain introduced in 2019.
It features an intense mocha flavor, topped with whipped cream, more chocolate, and cocoa powder.
It’s available warm and iced. (1)
The Cocoa Mocha is a seasonal drink which means you can’t find it all the time.
However, it usually makes an appearance as part of Dunkin’s winter lineup.
Dunkin brought back the Cocoa Mocha a few times over the last couple of years, so you might expect it this year too!
Dunkin Cocoa Mocha Flavor Profile & Calories
Since it’s a seasonal drink, not many can get their hands on the Cocoa Mocha.
If you’ve never tried it, read along for what you can expect and how many calories you’ll need to sacrifice.
Contrary to what the name suggests, the Cocoa Mocha is not overwhelmingly sweet.
You can taste the intense chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder and the mocha sauce, but the espresso flavor also comes through.
In addition, the milk gives it a silky texture making it irresistible.
Cocoa Mocha is classified as a latte, meaning the base consists of espresso and milk. The key ingredient which gives it its flavor is the Mocha flavor swirl.
The drink is followed by whipped cream, a chocolate drizzle, and sprinkled with cocoa powder.
So, how many calories are in the Cocoa Mocha latte? Calories depend on the drink size and type of milk.
You can choose between whole and skim milk. Whole milk complements the drink but raises the calories too.
Cocoa Mocha (Skim Milk):
- Small: 250 cals
- Medium: 330 cals
- Large: 420 cals
Cocoa Mocha (Whole Milk):
- Small: 300 cals
- Medium: 400 cals
- Large: 520 cals
How to Make Dunkin Cocoa Mocha Latte
We’re sharing a true and tried homemade Cocoa Mocha latte recipe as promised.
If you don’t want to wait in line for the seasonal drinks this holiday season, get your brewing gear and take on this recipe.
- Espresso: 2 shots
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Chocolate Sauce (Torani Puremade Chocolate Sauce): 1.5 tbsp
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Chocolate Drizzle (Optional)
- Start by adding the chocolate sauce to the bottom of your chosen cup. You can additionally line your cup with chocolate sauce as well.
- Brew 2 shots of espresso using your moka pot or espresso machine. You can use any roast you have on hand, but we recommend a lighter roast if you're not a huge coffee fan.
- Add the brewed espresso to the cup with chocolate sauce immediately and stir to combine them. Make sure the sauce dissolves into the coffee before moving on to the next step.
- Place your milk in a pitcher and use a steam wand or a handheld frother to froth it. Be careful not to burn the milk, the temperature should not exceed 145°F.
- Pour the steamed milk over the coffee and scoop the foam. Optionally you can add whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle on top. Enjoy!
The Cocoa Mocha is one of the things that get me excited during the winter season.
This adult version of hot cocoa is easy to make at home too if you want to taste it when it’s not available in-store.
The Cocoa Mocha latte is espresso, skim or whole milk, and chocolate sauce, topped with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and a chocolate drizzle. You can get it iced or warm.
It’s a seasonal drink available for a limited time during the Christmas season at Dunkin.
Yes, the Cocoa Mocha contains caffeine as it has espresso shots. Depending on the size this drink contains between 1 to 3 shots for small to large.
It’s worth noting that Dunkin’s espresso is higher in caffeine than other shops with about 120 mg per shot.
Wondering where your info comes from? We totally understand. Hey Joe only obtains our information from reputable sources. Contents from this article are sourced from the following publications:
- News Dunkin Donuts: https://news.dunkindonuts.com/news/dunkin-espresso-new-signature-lattes